Flyprat

Go Back   Flyprat > Flyforum

Notices

Old 13-03-2005, 06:29   #1
LN-MOW
Flyklapper

Default OT: Jeg elsker den frie pressen!

Heldigvis har vi Opus ....

Radar Station KGVL
LN-MOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 09:43   #2
EB
ScanFlyer Inventory

Default Re: OT: Jeg elsker den frie pressen!

Meget bra....:
EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 10:20   #3
Farmer
ScanFlyer Crusty

Fri presse ...??? i USA ???

En liten flyoversikt siden 29/7-2006..
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo Da Vinci

Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 10:24   #4
Farmer
ScanFlyer Crusty

Denne står å lese i dagens New York Times ..

I andre regimer kalles vel dette propaganda

Under Bush, a New Age of Prepackaged Television News
By DAVID BARSTOW and ROBIN STEIN

Published: March 13, 2005

it is the kind of TV news coverage every president covets.

"Thank you, Bush. Thank you, U.S.A.," a jubilant Iraqi-American told a camera crew in Kansas City for a segment about reaction to the fall of Baghdad. A second report told of "another success" in the Bush administration's "drive to strengthen aviation security"; the reporter called it "one of the most remarkable campaigns in aviation history." A third segment, broadcast in January, described the administration's determination to open markets for American farmers.

Advertisement

To a viewer, each report looked like any other 90-second segment on the local news. In fact, the federal government produced all three. The report from Kansas City was made by the State Department. The "reporter" covering airport safety was actually a public relations professional working under a false name for the Transportation Security Administration. The farming segment was done by the Agriculture Department's office of communications.

Under the Bush administration, the federal government has aggressively used a well-established tool of public relations: the prepackaged, ready-to-serve news report that major corporations have long distributed to TV stations to pitch everything from headache remedies to auto insurance. In all, at least 20 federal agencies, including the Defense Department and the Census Bureau, have made and distributed hundreds of television news segments in the past four years, records and interviews show. Many were subsequently broadcast on local stations across the country without any acknowledgement of the government's role in their production.

This winter, Washington has been roiled by revelations that a handful of columnists wrote in support of administration policies without disclosing they had accepted payments from the government. But the administration's efforts to generate positive news coverage have been considerably more pervasive than previously known. At the same time, records and interviews suggest widespread complicity or negligence by television stations, given industry ethics standards that discourage the broadcast of prepackaged news segments from any outside group without revealing the source.

Federal agencies are forthright with broadcasters about the origin of the news segments they distribute. The reports themselves, though, are designed to fit seamlessly into the typical local news broadcast. In most cases, the "reporters" are careful not to state in the segment that they work for the government. Their reports generally avoid overt ideological appeals. Instead, the government's news-making apparatus has produced a quiet drumbeat of broadcasts describing a vigilant and compassionate administration.

Some reports were produced to support the administration's most cherished policy objectives, like regime change in Iraq or Medicare reform. Others focused on less prominent matters, like the administration's efforts to offer free after-school tutoring, its campaign to curb childhood obesity, its initiatives to preserve forests and wetlands, its plans to fight computer viruses, even its attempts to fight holiday drunken driving. They often feature "interviews" with senior administration officials in which questions are scripted and answers rehearsed. Critics, though, are excluded, as are any hints of mismanagement, waste or controversy.

Some of the segments were broadcast in some of nation's largest television markets, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Atlanta.

An examination of government-produced news reports offers a look inside a world where the traditional lines between public relations and journalism have become tangled, where local anchors introduce prepackaged segments with "suggested" lead-ins written by public relations experts. It is a world where government-produced reports disappear into a maze of satellite transmissions, Web portals, syndicated news programs and network feeds, only to emerge cleansed on the other side as "independent" journalism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/13/politics/13covert.html?th&oref=login

Old 13-03-2005, 21:00   #5
dc-8-63
Finn Erik Edvardsen

I dagens papir utgave at NYT er dette viet 2 helsider!!!...
Old 13-03-2005, 21:43   #6
Farmer
ScanFlyer Crusty

Quote:
Originally posted by dc-8-63
I dagens papir utgave at NYT er dette viet 2 helsider!!!...
Men den jevne Amerikaner leser vel dessverre ikke en så bra publikasjon som NYT .. og dermed kan regimet kjøre på med sin snikpropaganda som sikrer en republikansk valgseier om 3,5 år ... for valgkampen er vel allerede i gang vil jeg tro Det er vel lillebror Bush som står for tur vil jeg tro

Old 13-03-2005, 21:54   #7
dc-8-63
Finn Erik Edvardsen

New York Times har en meget bra leser andel, sammen med PBS og NPR (som faktisk alle oeker sterkt ogsaa blant den vanlige mann i gata....)En skal huske paa at Kerry, som var meget Liberal fikk 49.1 % av stemmene......og den stoerste politsike brannen akkurat naa i USA er internt i det Republikanske partiet....hvor mange er bekymret for den oekoniske utviklingen....og er uenige i kursen som legges opp......og grepet til Fox og andre propaganda maskiner svekkes sterkt.....mest fordi de ikke lenger ansees som paalitelige.....husk Fox news fant Weapons of Mass Destruction i Irak.....ingen andre klarte denne bragden.......

En annen meget viktig artikkel i NYT i dag, viser hvor planlagt plyndingen av ammunisjonslagrene i Irak var....svaert sofisktikert...de brakte inn kraner og spesial lastebiler for aa faa med seg det de var ute etter.....og det setter USA sitt argument at Irak var noedvendig i "the War on terror" i et merkelig lys......hvorfor ble ikke dette stoppet....og selv meget konservative talk shows stiller disse spoersmaalene naa....
Old 14-03-2005, 14:45   #8
Arrow
ScanFlyer Blue

En annen latterlig sak er at den som svarer for den amerikanske regjering er ikke en gang valgt. Jeg tenker på Scott McClellan , for en stor spøk. Og aldri ser du presidenten intervjuet med spontane spørsmål og svar. Det er umulig å få en kommentar fra presidenten på en sak, uten at det er gått igjennom og innøvd på forhånd.
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote