Flyprat

Go Back   Flyprat > Reiseforum

Notices

Old 10-04-2007, 14:44   #1
ENGM RAMP
ScanFlyer Rusty

Default Bordeaux ?

Vi skal 2 vennepar til Bordeaux i slutten av mai, og vi har allerede bestemt oss for å dra på besøk til en av de større og mere kjente vingårdene i området, men - noe annet vi bør få med oss også?

Vi blir fra torsdag ettermiddag til søndag ettermiddag. Tips mottas med takk!

:clap
Old 10-04-2007, 15:21   #2
Thomas
ScanFlyer Rusty

Default Re: Bordeaux ?

Place Gambetta
Apparently this square is known for its great facades from the late 18th and early 19th century. Maybe i was just tired, maybe i had seen enough buildings but the lights struck me much more. In the middle of place Gambette is a very small park. And all the trees had lights.

Hopital Saint Andre
Although quite an impressive building i was glad i was so bold to skip inside. The Garden of this place looks so nice. I didn't dare going any further.

La Grosse Cloche
I was quite unprepaired for this sight. Just walking along the Cours Victor Hugo, enjoying the facades of the buildings and looking at city life in general. And then you look into a sidestreet and encounter this.. It seems this belfry is the remainder of the old city hall.

Cathedral Saint Andre
This is THE landmark in Bordeaux i would say. Together with the tower that stands next to it. Like most cathedrals i like the outside more then the inside. But that's a very personal thing From the original building dating back to 1096 there is only a small part of the outer walls reserved.

Tour Pey-Berland
The Tour Pey- Berland is St-Andre's Cathedrales bell tower and a fine example of the "Flamboyant Gothic" style with a 19th century staute of Notre Dame-d'Aquitaine. The tower holds the clocks that goes with St-Andre's cathedral and was build in 1440. I was amazed to see that along with St-Michel's Basilica, St-Andre's Cathedral also has a seperate tower. Not sure what the reason behind this is.

Noe skulle du kunne bruke tiden på der nede, Morten!
Old 10-04-2007, 18:26   #3
ENGM RAMP
ScanFlyer Rusty

Default Re: Bordeaux ?

Quote:
Noe skulle du kunne bruke tiden på der nede, Morten!
Mange takk Thomas!

Det viktigste først og innimellom, les: Fludium og herlig mat!

:clap