Flyprat

Go Back   Flyprat > Reiseforum

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 20:07   #1
mrmojo73
BA Gold, HH Gold

Default OSL - Delayed baggage

Anyone else having difficulties getting their delayed baggage returned to them from OSL? I completed a trip from ORD on Friday and my bags didn't make it. I was told they should be on the next flight and was given a tracking number by Menzies.

It's now been 48hrs and still no bags. The online tracking system just says 'Still tracing. Try again later', and two calls to them have provided about the same level of information. Apparently they have located my bags but OSL hasn't confirmed that they have them. They are claiming that there is a lot of delayed baggage at the moment.

Anyone else experiencing this? All of my toiletries, one of suits and many business shirts are in the bags (plus the gifts for the kids). At what point do I give up and replace these items and seek compensation?
mrmojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 00:11   #2
Discus
ScanFlyer Inventory

Galley Slave
Global Moderator

Default Re: OSL - Delayed baggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojo73 View Post
Apparently they have located my bags but OSL hasn't confirmed that they have them. They are claiming that there is a lot of delayed baggage at the moment.

Anyone else experiencing this? All of my toiletries, one of suits and many business shirts are in the bags (plus the gifts for the kids). At what point do I give up and replace these items and seek compensation?
#1: OSL (Avinor) vil ikke bekrefte noe, det er handling/flyselskap som håndterer det

#2: Vedr kompensasjon, sjekk vilkår og evt. reiseforsikring, det har også noe å si om dette var siste stopp før du var hjemme, eller om du er på besøk.

Old 05-08-2013, 15:00   #3
The Ticketor
ScanFlyer Dusty

Ryktet sier at Air Berlin har store problemer og at det er unormalt mye forsinket bagasje fra dem som forsinker mye av håndteringen av også de andre selskapene dem har på OSL.
Old 05-08-2013, 16:10   #4
mrmojo73
BA Gold, HH Gold

OK. Thanks for the replies. Still no updates from Menzies. AMEX doesn't cover homeward bound delays and I still need to look into the travel insurance provided by my employer.

Guess I will just have to wait it out.
Old 07-08-2013, 18:48   #5
mrmojo73
BA Gold, HH Gold

Still no bags. Repeated calls to Menzies hasn't shed any light on what is going on. They acknowledged that it is quite an unusual delay but little they can do. They keep saying that there is a lot of baggage delays at OSL but I can't believe so much that it would take 5+ days to return a bag.

Email sent to BA alerting them to issue with their ground service at OSL but expect that there is little that they can do about it.
Old 07-08-2013, 18:53   #6
LN-MOW
Flyklapper

Be aware that after 5(?) days, your file is transferred from the ground handler to the airline. After this, Menzies will do nothing more than deliver the bag if it shows up.
Radar Station KGVL
LN-MOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 18:56   #7
mrmojo73
BA Gold, HH Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN-MOW View Post
Be aware that after 5(?) days, your file is transferred from the ground handler to the airline. After this, Menzies will do nothing more than deliver the bag if it shows up.
Hmmm... not sure if that is good or bad.
Old 07-08-2013, 19:39   #8
JoeW
ScanFlyer Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN-MOW View Post
5 days for US (according to the receipt I got a few weeks ago when I had some delayed bags)
JoeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 00:14   #9
The Ticketor
ScanFlyer Dusty

It is an unusual situation at OSL indeed. Delayed AB bags are now pouring in, and there are several hundreds of them just at OSL and the storage rooms for these bags are inadequate for the amounts of bags they have to handle. BA has had quite a lot too, I understand. Menzies have people working throught the night to clear the backlog.
Old 12-08-2013, 00:48   #10
mrmojo73
BA Gold, HH Gold

My bags turned up after 7 days. I ended up calling BA Customer Relations and while they said they couldn't do much, my bags were back in my possession within hours. Probably just coincidence.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:29   #11
krølle
ScanFlyer Crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ticketor View Post
It is an unusual situation at OSL indeed. Delayed AB bags are now pouring in, and there are several hundreds of them just at OSL and the storage rooms for these bags are inadequate for the amounts of bags they have to handle. BA has had quite a lot too, I understand. Menzies have people working throught the night to clear the backlog.

But for Menzies to use 19 days and still not be able to register bags in store?

I think that speaks more about Menzies then OSL. I know they hade great problems with AB, but still.

By the way, check AB facebook, they must equal SK in negative respons

Fra Dagbladet

Quote:
- Har 30 000 ubesvarte kundehenvendelser
http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/08/19/n...eise/28774439/

Last edited by krølle; 24-08-2013 at 09:31.
krølle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 03:00   #12
The Ticketor
ScanFlyer Dusty

19 days is of course way too long.