Old 31-01-2018, 08:03   #1
allby998
Newcomer

Vin ANA Lounge Review Lisbon Airport Schengen Area

ANA Lounge Review Lisbon Airport Schengen Area
January 31, 2018
|
Albert K. Field

Pictures at original post here http://https://www.albertaviation.co...-Schengen-Area

The ANA Lounge at the Schengen Area of Lisbon Airport is a contracted lounge for non-Star-Alliance airlines, although I don't know where or how did the ANA name come from, but it surely it's easy to mistake it for the Japanese ANA airlines' lounge if you didn't visit it in person. The lounge also allows access for Priority Pass and Dragon Pass members. Entry can also be bought at the price of 25 Euros.

After passing security, a long walk through the duty free shops and other stores, you will find the lounge at the second floor of a circular sitting area surrounded by shops, and the lounge is right in front the escalator, next to the TAP Portugal lounge.

The front desk agents were chit chatting when I went to check in with them, I didn't feel disrespected or anything, they were very friendly. The lounge is relatively big and serval serving areas were featured at different corners. Upon my visit, the lounge was only half full and for some reason the majority of the passengers were sitting on the long chairs next to the windows, perhaps a great view out to the concourse of the airport is what they needed.

The lounge is filled with spacious seating areas and arrangements, other than the one dozen chairs and tables nicely laid out throughout the central area, a circle of dark monitor screen was attached to the celling, I wasn't sure how exactly it helps passengers to enjoy it. But it surely looked very nice and on different direction, different TV channels were on, so in a way, it did cater to the needs of different passengers, although I doubt if any passengers today are watching TV anymore.

The seating area showed by the two pictures above was empty throughout my visit at the lounge, it would make a lot of sense If I told you that the front desk is facing directly to this area, so unless the rest of the lounge would be jam packed, it would be a natural thing for guests to not sit there being observed.

I didn't get any instructions on the Wifi so I had to visit the front desk again to get the password. For those of you who would read my writing during your visit at the lounge, feel free to get the password from here.

Food
For a contracted lounge, the sophisticated food and beverages option is divine. Glasses were nicely displayed next to a good selection of liquor and beverages.
The first few pictures below shows the serving counter in front of the empty space I just mentioned in front of the front desk. A janitor was cleaning the counters while I was taking pictures, totally normal...

A coffee machine was also placed next to the bar, along with a tea box and a jar of nuts(peanuts?) and a jar of olives.

Other soft drinks were also available in the fridges, decent and healthy options.

The other serving area was quiet busy and offered more displays and food option next to the window looking out the concourse, quiet few selections of sandwiches and snacks were served here and here only.

The same wines and as seen before but without the liquor, they also had some fruit on plates as seen below.

The lounge is actually relatively big compared to other inland European lounges, however it felt quiet dark inside as they used shades to blocked direct sunlights from coming in. You can see from this wonderful picture I've taken from the window. Give my account a follow if you wish to stay connected.

There were magazines and newspapers nicely displayed at the entrance area. Although I personally don't read that much, I felt like it might be a bit too few options especially when considering the amount available that's in English.

Amenities:

Shower is also available, however It's stated on their website that if you decide to purchase the access, it will be 10 euros more if you decide to use the shower facility. The shower room is right behind the sink of the toilet, and I didn't notice any towel or shampoo or anything etc. Maybe they will bring it to you when you ask?

Resting rooms:
A small semi private sleeping room is also available behind the large seating area, and it looked okay to rest in there.

Smoking room:
A glass-sealed smoking area was behind the front desk and it was not in use upon my visit.

Outside the smoking area, a supposed HP office area only had one monitor and two laptops, none was in use, ever.

Bottom Line:

This lounge in some way has surprised me, it featured almost everything a decent airline business class lounge would feature. Its spacious seating area would surely make you feel relaxed and enjoy your time there. I would definitely recommend visiting it.

Score: 6/10

What do you think of this review? As always, stay tuned.
allby998 is offline   Reply With Quote