View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 20:16  
RJon
ScanFlyer Dusty

Default Re: Utfasing av B747

Åpent brev til KLM om å droppe utfasingen av 747'ene

https://theloadstar.com/an-open-lett...und-747-combi/

Quote:
An open letter to Ben Smith, Chairman Air France KLM Group and Peter Elbers President KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.

Gentlemen,

You don’t know me, but I had the honour to work for KLM Cargo for over 32 years culminating with global responsibility for cargo sales and marketing based in Schiphol. Prior to that I was VP cargo and area manager Canada and then Middle East, Asia and Australia.

During my 32 years of service I saw how the B747-400 Combi saved KLM financially on numerous occasions as a true cargo aircraft was needed during the gulf war crisis, SARS etc., and it allowed us to continue operations with at least a break-even result.

Now more than ever these aircraft are needed to support humanitarian requirements for goods and services, keeping supply chains open so that production of these critical health-related supplies flow, and to enable people to retain their jobs in all the continents you serve. It is not an obligation, but it is certainly what morally you should be thinking of doing. The world will thank you in the end for this initiative, and I know the logistics community will back you.
RJon is offline   Reply With Quote