PDA

View Full Version : Stewarder i panik efter styrtdyk

Bll spotter
02-08-2005, 10:57
Fra www.tv2.dk
Stewarder i panik efter styrtdyk

02-08-05: 08:32 | af: pmol

Passagererne på en Boeing 747 fra Perth i Australien til Kuala Lumpur i Malaysia gik i panik, da to stewarder på flyet mistede besindelsen efter at maskinen fik tekniske problemer i går, oplyser australske ABC Radio.

Flyet dykkede 100 meter over 90 sekunder, og det fik en steward fra Malaysia Airlines til at smide en bakke med drinks, mens en anden begyndte at bede.

Bønnerne hjalp muligvis, for det lykkedes piloterne at rette flyet op og nødlande det i lufthavnen i Perth efter 80 minutter i luften.

Den australske radiokanal talte efter nødlandingen med en af passagererne, Kim Holst, der aldrig havde fløjet før.

"Det var min første tur, og jeg troede ikke, at der var tale om noget stort, men så så jeg, at de passagerer, som havde rejst en smule, klamrede sig til deres sæder," siger han.

Panikken bredte sig dog først for alvor, da de to stewarder mistede besindelsen.

"Da den ene steward smed en hel bakke med drinks og kravlede tilbage til sit sæde på hænder og knæ, mens den anden steward gav sig til at bede, begyndte de fleste af os at tage det en smule mere seriøst," siger Kim Holst.

Han fortæller, at flere passagerer begyndte at skrige, men at alle klappede da flyet satte hjulene på landingsbanen i Perth, hvor lufthavnen var i fuldt alarmberedskab.

Kim Holst oplyser i øvrigt, at han har planer om at tage det næste fly til Malaysia.

(Flyet dykkede 100 meter over 90 sekunder, og det fik en steward fra Malaysia Airlines til at smide en bakke med drinks, mens en anden begyndte at bede.)

Her er der vist en jounalist, der ikke har været helt vågen.

CK
02-08-2005, 10:59
det spørs om ikke disse gutta heller burde jobbe i check-in på KUL??

OJB
02-08-2005, 11:04
Cabin crew må være ekstra følsomme her siden de registrerer en nedstigning på "hele" 100 m over 90 sekunder.
Er det tallene som ikke stemmer eller............

The Ticketor
02-08-2005, 15:08
Innen MH har vi aldri så høy rate of descent som 100m på 1,5 minutter. Klart de ble redde! ;)

Jumper
02-08-2005, 15:45
300 fot på 90 sekunder skulle bli 200 fot på et minutt. Vanlig descend på ILS final er 700-800 fot/minuttet på 140-160 knop groundspeed. I høyden er minste descendrate vanligvis 1000 fot/min, men kan gjerne være det to-tredoblede. Klart de ble redde i 200'/min (-: Agurktiden, lenge leve!

The Ticketor
02-08-2005, 16:16
Det er nok en tasteleif ute og går fra journalistens side.

Fly high
02-08-2005, 16:19
Men evt. talltull til tross: Det alvorligste i denne hendelsen var vel at flyet fikk tekniske problemer som tydeligvis skremte selv deler av crewet? Eller?

The Ticketor
02-08-2005, 16:33
Media Release

2 Aug, 2005
Malaysia Airlines flight MH124

Malaysia Airlines flight MH124, which departed for Kuala Lumpur from Perth International Airport yesterday at 1647 hours, returned to the airport after the pilot detected a malfunction during initial cruise.

The pilot, acting in the best interest of the passengers and aircraft safety, immediately requested for priority landing and the flight with 177 passengers landed safely at 1738 hours.

Malaysia Airlines made all arrangements to ensure passenger safety and comfort. Overnight accommodation was provided to most of the passengers whilst others opted to return to their homes.

Passengers were subsequently transferred on Malaysia Airlines’ alternative flights and where necessary, on other airlines out of Perth to continue their journey to their destinations.

Malaysia Airlines reiterates that safety is its utmost priority and the flight was operated in compliance to existing aviation safety procedures. The airline is giving full co-operation to the Australian Department of Civil Aviation investigating the matter.

Issued by: Media Relations,
Corporate Communications
Malaysia Airlines, Kuala Lumpur

For further information, media can contact:

Anbarasu.S
HP: 6019 2224952
Tel: 603-21655034
Email: arasu@mas.com.my

sail4fun
19-09-2005, 21:00
Glitch blamed for out-of-control jet
By Steve Creedy
17sep05

PILOTS on a Boeing 777 from Perth to Kuala Lumpur battled to gain control of the plane last month after an unknown computer error caused the aircraft to pitch violently and brought it close to stalling.

A flight attendant dropped a tray of drinks and another began praying as the Malaysian Airlines pilots fought to counter false information being fed into the aircraft's autopilot system and primary flight display.

The glitch prompted plane manufacturer Boeing to issue a global notice to all 777 operators alerting them to the problem.

Flight MH124 was about an hour out of Perth when the aircraft began behaving erratically. The incorrect data from a supposedly fail-safe device caused the plane to pitch up and climb 3000ft (914m), cutting its indicated airspeed from 500km/h to 292km/h and activating a stall warning and a "stickshaker".

A stickshaker vibrates the aircraft's controls to warn the pilot he is approaching a speed at which the plane will have insufficient lift to keep flying.

An Australian Transport Safety Bureau report released yesterday reveals the pilot in command disconnected the autopilot and lowered the plane's nose to prevent the stall but the aircraft's automatic throttle responded by increasing the power.

The pilot countered by pushing the thrust levers to the idle position but the aircraft pitched up again and climbed 2000ft.

He notified air traffic control that the plane, carrying 177 passengers, could not maintain altitude and requested a descent and radar assistance for a return to Perth.

As the plane descended through 20,000ft, the pilot reported the primary flight display appeared normal and separately tested the aircraft's two autopilot systems.

But he was forced to keep flying manually when the plane banked to the right and the nose pitched down during both tests.

The pilot reported no difficulties flying the plane but noted that the automatic throttles remained armed.

As the aircraft was positioned to approach Perth, however, the flight display again gave a low airspeed warning and the auto-throttle responded by increasing thrust.

The aircraft's warning system also indicated a dangerous windshear but the crew continued the approach and landed safely.

Shaken passengers remained in Perth overnight and were offered alternative flights the next day.

Investigations are focusing on faulty acceleration figures supplied by a device called the air data inertial reference unit.

The device, which was sent to manufacturer Honeywell and to US investigators for examination, collates aircraft navigation and performance data from other systems and passes the information to the primary flight computer.

Boeing spokesman Ken Morton said yesterday the incident had not occurred before or since. Operators have since been told to load a previous software version.

"There is a very simple test to do before you take off and that will tell you if your system has that problem or not," he said.

"To this point we haven't had any people coming back saying they've had faults."

Mr Morton said there were 525 777s in service and they had accumulated more than 10 million flight hours and 2million landings.

"All incidents are thoroughly investigated and appropriate steps are taken to ensure the continuing safety of the in-service fleet," he said.

"Nothing is more important than that."

The Courier Mail (http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,16626627%255E421,00.html)

LN-SEK
19-09-2005, 23:25
Da var det jo litt mer alvorlig enn ett dykk....:wow:

The Ticketor
22-09-2005, 12:05
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/9/20/nation/12084071&sec=nation

What happened on flight MH124

BY ROYCE CHEAH

PETALING JAYA: Two Malaysia Airlines (MAS) pilots saved the lives of 177 passengers with their quick thinking when the plane's computer system went faulty after take-off from the Perth International Airport, a preliminary report released by Australian authorities has established.

Flight MH124, headed for Kuala Lumpur on Aug 1, had been airborne for 25 minutes when it suddenly plunged 200m, forcing the Boeing 777 to turn back for an emergency landing.

The pilots, Capt Norhisham Kassim and First Officer Caleb Foong, earned praises from the passengers and crew for their calm handling of the situation.

According to the report by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau released on its website last Friday, the pilots were alerted to a low airspeed warning at an altitude of 11,582m.

At the same time, the primary flight display indicated that the plane was turning left, while the speed display showed that the plane was “going too fast and too slow simultaneously”.

The plane then pitched up to 12,497m and the indicated airspeed decreased from 500km/h to 292km/h.

At this point, the stall warning and stick shaker devices were activated.

A stall occurs when the plane is at a speed where there is insufficient lift to keep it flying. A stick shaker device vibrates the pilot's controls to alert him of this.

The report revealed that Capt Norhisham then disconnected the autopilot and lowered the plane’s nose to prevent the stall.

However, the aircraft’s automatic throttle, which should have been off, came on again and compensated by increasing speed.

Capt Norhisham countered this by pushing the thrust levers to the idle position but the aircraft pitched up again and climbed another 610m.

The pilot then notified the air traffic control that the plane could not maintain altitude and requested descent and radar assistance to return to Perth.

As the plane descended 6,096m, the primary flight display appeared normal and Capt Norhisham tested the plane's left and right autopilot systems.

The autopilot systems responded by turning the plane right and pitching the nose downwards.

As a result, Capt Norhisham had to fly the plane manually for the remainder of the flight.

It was also noted that the automatic throttle switches remained armed.

When the flight was at an altitude of 914m and preparing to approach the runway, the flight display again indicated a low airspeed condition.

Again, the automatic throttle compensated by increasing thrust.

During the final minutes of descent, the aircraft warning system indicated a wind shear condition (a sudden cut in wind speed), but the pilots continued the approach and landed safely.

The report stated that investigations traced the plane's air data inertial reference unit (Adiru) as the source of the problem.

The unit has since been sent to its manufacturer, Boeing, for examination under the supervision of the United States National Transportation Safety Board.

The Ticketor
22-09-2005, 12:07
ATSBs rapport finnes her:

http://www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/occurs/occurs_detail.cfm?ID=767

Man er ikke ferdig med hele undersøkelsen, så her kan man kun lese en preliminær rapport.

LN-SEK
22-09-2005, 19:42
Virker litt merkelig at ett FBW fly har mange reserve-systemer, bl.a. flere computere til styringen av flyet, men bare en ADIRU enhet ?

Er det det samme på Airbus ?

Stone
23-09-2005, 11:49
Jeg vil anta at det finnes mer enn en ADIRU, 737NG har i hvert fall to. Men bare en er aktiv om gangen, dvs leverer data til FCC (Flight control computer), og dermed til autopilot. Det avhenger altså hvilken FCC man velger, altså hvilken autopilot"side" man velger. Og dermed i siste instans hvem som er "Pilot in control". Data for capt vil i normalsituasjon bli levert fra ADIRU 1 (og FCC-A) og dermed Autopilot "left", mens copilot's data vil være fra ADIRU 2 / FCC-B / Autopilot "right".

Alt etter hukommelsen.... :thumbup