PDA

View Full Version : KLM's final Fokker 50 flight

LN-REF
27-03-2010, 12:06
KLM Cityhopper (KLC) will operate its last scheduled commercial flight with a Fokker 50 in the KLM network on Saturday, 27 March. With this final flight from London Heathrow to Amsterdam, KLM will take leave of this distinctive aircraft, the last propeller-driven aircraft in KLM Cityhopper's fleet. As of tomorrow, the KLM fleet will consist entirely of jet-powered aircraft.

The Fokker 50 has been phased out as part of KLM's fleet renewal program. The airline has invested extensively in renewal to improve operational stability, reduce operating costs and ensure lower CO2 emissions. Between late 2008 and late 2010, KLC has and will replace the majority of its Fokker 100 fleet and all of its Fokker 50s with 17 new EMBRAER 190s and five Fokker 70s. These extra Fokker 70's are purchased from Air France's regional subsidiary Régional Compagnie Aérienne Européenne (Regional) bringing this total to 26 aircraft. Five Fokker 100s will remain in KLC's service.

Both Régional and KLM operate the EMBRAER 190. The aircraft has 100 seats in the KLC configuration. The joint acquisition of this aircraft type by the regional subsidiaries of the AIR FRANCE KLM Group offers significant synergy benefits in terms of purchasing aircraft, engines and components. There are also various other benefits in terms of handling, maintenance and training.

Because the departure of the Fokker 50 is a special milestone in the history of KLM and KLM Cityhopper, we will mark the event with two farewell flights for special guests on Sunday, March 28. One of these flights has been reserved for Stichting Hoogvliegers, a foundation that organises flights for children who are seriously ill or disabled. Since its establishment, this foundation has had close ties with KLM.

LN-MOW
27-03-2010, 12:25
One of these flights has been reserved for Stichting Hoogvliegers, a foundation that organises flights for children who are seriously ill or disabled. Since its establishment, this foundation has had close ties with KLM.

:like:

Bizflyer
27-03-2010, 13:05
Siste flight fra LHR til AMS! Det var overraskende. Trodde ikke KLM brukte denne flytypen på den strekningen.

NOen som vet hvilke ruter de har brukt F50 på de siste månedene??

BF:cool2

LN-GBM
27-03-2010, 13:43
KLM benyttet vel Fokker 50 på LHR for å kunne beholde slots.
Mer om lignende her: http://forum.scanair.no/showthread.php?t=61559

LN-AØR
27-03-2010, 13:49
KLM benytter F50 bla. til LHR, HAM, DUS og LUX.
One of these flights has been reserved for Stichting Hoogvliegers, a foundation that organises flights for children who are seriously ill or disabled. Since its establishment, this foundation has had close ties with KLM.

:up:

Lennart
27-03-2010, 13:57
Har flydd diverse turer med KLM F50 mellom AMS og DUS
Litt kjibt at de forsvinner
Er vel nesten bare SAS sine igjen nå som fortsatt fly
Baltic har vel ennå noen i drift (i Europa)

LN-AØR
27-03-2010, 14:19
Baltic har vel ennå noen i drift (i Europa)De som jeg kommer på i farten som opererer F50 i Europa etter at KLM nå slutter, er SK, Flugfélag Íslands, CityJet, Skyways og AirBaltic.

Synd at det ikke er fler, for F50 er et vakkert fly.

FlightDeck
27-03-2010, 14:31
Baltic har vel ennå noen i drift (i Europa)

Cityjet og airBaltic har vel de største Fokker 50-flåtene i Europa nå, med henholdsvis 15 og 11 eksemplarer.

LN-KOG
27-03-2010, 16:42
Og CityJet eies av Air France/KLM så det kan hende de dukker opp med KL-flightnummer igjen.