PDA

View Full Version : Overskudd for UA i 2006

Someone
24-01-2007, 10:18
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070123/cgtu017.html?.v=80

UAL gikk med ett lite overskudd i 2006 for første gang på lenge!

"Since its emergence from reorganization, for the eleven months ended December 31, 2006, the new UAL reported net income of $25 million, an improvement of $423 million,"

Var ikke det helt store overskuddet, men det viser ihvertfall at de er på riktig vei

Someone
30-01-2007, 19:50
Og USAirways gikk også med overskudd i 2006 og Q4 2006 og overskuddet var større enn ventet og US Airways kan man vel ha si imponerer når det kommer til resultatet deres

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070130/earns_us_airways.html?.v=4

The airline said it posted a profit of $12 million, or 13 cents per share, compared with a loss of $261 million, or $3.27 per share during the same period in 2005.

For the full year 2006, US Airways reported a net profit of $507 million, or $5.47 per diluted share, excluding special items of $204 million.

LN-MOW
30-01-2007, 20:09
US imponerer fortsatt .. bare synd at de er saa jaevlig f**** up ......

La meg lime inn en liten kommentar fra et nyhetsbrev jeg mottar ... litt lang men god lesning.

''you asked for my feedback on US Airways, which I have flown quite a bit in the past year.
One of the most important things I can say about US Airways is that it is still two disparate airlines. And that's bad. The planned reservation integration can't come soon enough. The airline may have integrated its counters and gates, have one web site, and one phone number, but in many cases they still have separate check-in counters depending on the destination and which airline operates the flights.

When I returned from San Francisco in December, a passenger next to me received a boarding pass for her America West-operated SFO-LAS flight, but the agent could not issue her connecting flight because US Airways flew it. The agents in the next counter, she was told, could get her the necessary boarding pass because they were US Airways agents. At least there was no line at that counter.

Separate and confusing check-in counters were evident at many airports I've flow from recently: DCA, IAD, IND, and SFO.

Departing DCA and connecting in Las Vegas for that America West-operated trip in mid-December, I was surprised to see every gate monitor -- these are TV screen, not fixed printed signs -- still displaying "America West Airlines" and the AWA logo. Planes have been repainted. The web site is new and (mostly) up to date. Why hadn't these digital logos been changed?

Having reached Dividend Miles Silver status in 2006, I have been upgraded to first class on America West and US Airways flights. Both airlines' flight attendants were attentive and performed their jobs well during my trans-con trips. (I can also say the same for the FAs onboard Air Wisconsin's CRJ during a shorter trip to IND). Since my America West flights were evening / red eye flights in both directions, comparing the product to the afternoon US Airways flights is not a fair side-by-side comparison. For example, the US Airways flight back from SFO included a tasty hot chicken and pasta lunch, whereas the red eye on America West metal included all the Jack Daniels and ginger ale I could drink (which, for the record, was exactly one and one half) but no real food.

Also, as long as I'm nitpicking and running up a laundry list here, some bottles of real Kentucky bourbon up front would be a nice addition for those of use who prefer the taste to its cousin, Tennessee whiskey. Please?

Getting back on track, I have to say that the US Airways first class product and the job done by flight attendant Patrick on the way back from SFO to CLT earlier this month was probably one of the best experiences I've had flying up front, ever, and other passengers praised him on the way off the plane when we reached CLT.
Generally speaking, I found the US Airways A321 seats to be more comfortable than the America West A319 seats. On the shorter runs, the 737-300s and -400s were nearly indistinguishable. There were both good and not-so-good flight attendants on both sides of the airline on these shorter flights. Some attentive and genuinely pleasant. Others served one drink and returned to their magazines at the jump seat until it was time for the descent seat belt check.

The airline's web site, though improved in recent months, still needs work. While my status seemed to be reflected in my America West reservations, as I was upgraded promptly when the 48-hour window opened on all four segments, I had to call the Silver preferred reservations line to see about getting upgraded on the US Airways flights, of which three out of four had space available. I received numerous errors when trying to select my seats for my US Airways flights online. I also had trouble checking a few hours before my US Airways flights home earlier this month -- I received only one of my boarding passes and it lacked a seat assignment and gate number, necessitating waiting in line at the gate to get correct boarding passes.

From my casual browsing of FlyerTalk's US Airways forum, these issues with the web site are not apparently isolated to my account and reservations. There are also serious questions about the reduction of first class seating in A320 and A321 aircraft, inconsistent upgrades for Chairman's Preferred and Platinum members, and the less-competitive first class product, and the message that these perceived faults send to the "elite" frequent flyers. Several users also question if the airline will be forced to stop for fuel more often when heading westbound in to strong winds on these now-heavier planes.

Many seem to be looking elsewhere, to higher-quality first-class products and upgrade options for their future travel. For now, US Airways and United offer me the most options for non-stop flights and competitive fares in the DC area. With the extra drive time, I don't fly out of BWI much and JetBlue's options remain limited out of Dulles. So US Airways probably keeps much of my business in 2007.

I understand complete integration of two large airlines takes considerable time, but from the perspective of the flying public, there are still glaring inconsistencies making the two operations appear disjointed and confusing. While my status lasts, I also hope the quality of service in first class does not completely vanish -- and if many CPs and Platinums jump ship, I might just move up a notch in the upgrade shuffle... Hmm. On second thought, let's keep this all between you and me."

EB
30-01-2007, 20:31
Resultatet viser vel at det kan være positivt å være f***ed...:D

Tommy777
30-01-2007, 22:20
UA sitt resultat er en sannhet med modifikasjoner. De har et positivt resultat siden de gikk ut av Ch 11. 31. januar 2006. Tar du med januar, ble det nok rødt, ja, men ikke mye.

UA har handlet kontrakt på masse millioner gallon bensin på tunge USD 70 som ødela mye i siste kvartal (siden fuelprisen har ligget langt under). I tillegg har mye dårlig vær i Chicago og Denver dratt ned resultatet betraktelig

Tror dog at 2007 blir meget positivt