PDA

View Full Version : Full stopp i internasjonale flyvninger til Kurdistan

Boeing_fan
30-09-2017, 01:56
Irak har beordret full stans av alle internasjonale flyvninger til Kurdistan-regionen nord i landet, som berører de internasjonale lufthavnene til Erbil og Sulaymaniyah.

Forbudet mot internasjonale flyvninger fra Kurdistan trådde i kraft fra fredag klokken 18:00. Den kommer som en reaksjon fra i regjeringen i Irak mot den avholdte folkeavstemningen i Kurdistan 25. september, hvor folket i Kurdistan overveldende stemte for løsrivelse/selvstendighet. Noe som naturligvis ikke falt i smak i Bagdad.

En rekke flyselskaper rammes av dette og tvinges til å kansellere sine flyvninger, deriblant europeiske selskaper som Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines og Turkish Airlines.

Regjeringen i Irak krever at resultatet av folkeavstemningen annulleres og at flyplassene i Erbil og Sulaimaniyah overleveres fra kurdiske selvstyremyndigheter til irakiske sentralmyndigheter, begge krav fra sistnevnte avvises blankt av førstnevnte.

Iraq's central government has suspended international flights to and from the Kurdistan Region, as pressure mounts after Monday's independence referendum.

Baghdad had said only domestic flights would be allowed from 18:00 (15:00 GMT) on Friday unless the Kurds handed over control of Irbil and Sulaimaniya airports.

Humanitarian, military and diplomatic flights are also reported to be exempt.
The Kurdistan government refused Baghdad's demand, calling it "illegal".
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi wants the referendum, in which 92% of voters backed secession, to be annulled.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41440747

Med andre ord, trenden med "luftblokader" (som den en rekke land har innført mot Qatar) sprer seg i regionen.

Egentlig et ganske dramatisk skritt Irak tar her. At en luftblokade gjør lysten på uavhengighet noe mindre i Kurdistan er vel egentlig tvilsomt :rolleyes:

Edvard
30-09-2017, 21:50
Lufthansa-waiver for Erbil (EBL).

Travel warning Erbil
Updated 27 September 2017

Eligibility
This waiver applies to passengers, who are currently holding valid tickets with following parameters:
Ticketed date: Issued on/before 27Sep2017
Tickets issued by: OS/LH/LX//SN (ticket numbers starting with 257-, 220-, 724- or 082-)
Ticketed flights: 1. OS/LH/LX/WK//SN//EW/4U operated flights from/to EBL
2. OAL operated flights with OS/LH/LX/WK/SN/EW/4U/ / flight numbers (“code share”)
from/to EBL
Tickets issued with original confirmed date of travel between: 27Sep 2017 and 27Oct 2017

Rebooking
One rebooking permitted free of charge.
RBD/Booking class: Any booking class (RBD) in the originally ticketed compartment/cabin only
New date of travel: until 27DEC2017
Change of origin/destination: Not permitted
Exception: Rerouting to German airports within close proximity of each other is permitted, for
example CGN/DUS or HAJ/HAM.
Permitted flights/carriers usage: per original fare rules
All other fare rules/conditions: per original fare rules

Refund
Permitted free of charge

Boeing_fan
08-10-2017, 01:57
Flyplassdirektøren i Erbil, Talar Faiq har kommet med en pressemelding i forbindelse med luftblokaden av Kurdistan. Og hun er ikke fornøyd med hverken regjeringen i Bagdad eller Iraqi Airways, som kan ble utestengt fra flyplassen. Hun er også usikker på hvor lenge Erbil lufthavn kan holdes åpen under de nåværende omstendigheter.

Last week the airport closed to international flights - following the publication of a NOTAM by the Baghdad authorities that is in effect until December 29th, 2017
The airport today remains operational, Iraqi Airways, and the coalition military, are the only flights in or out. On Friday at 1800, not only did international flights stop - EIA's income ground to a halt too.
How long EIA can maintain operational readiness under these circumstances - we will see ?

Some simple facts :

• EIA's monthly exposure to salaries/ allowances/ fuel/utilities/ electricity/ cleaning/ maintenance is around $2.3m a month.
• We will be forced to suspend contracts with French and German companies worth $35m
• Since 2009, Iraqi Airways have not paid one dinnar for the services they receive at EIA - EIA's exposure to Iraqi Airways debt is $34m.
• They have not paid the ground handler since the middle of 2016 - more than a year behind.
• They are always late paying for the fuel they uplift at Erbil.
So we will continue to review the operation at EIA - for now we will continue to serve Iraqi Airways - we do not wish to be seen as provocative, or to be accused of escalating matters - but as you can see, there are some very practical issues to be managed.

Since the closure on September 29 , EIA has appealed to the United Nations - we firmly believe that the move to close airspace in this way is in contravention of the Chicago Convention - but it is up to member states to complain and raise the issue - EIA has no rights of audience at ICAO, the KRG have no rights of audience at ICAO - you represent countries, some of whom have airlines directly impacted by this measure - it is they who must challenge this abuse of power .

http://erbilairport.com/INFO06/F_INFO06_01_02.aspx?articleId=432&page=1