PDA

View Full Version : OSL - Delayed baggage

mrmojo73
04-08-2013, 20:07
Anyone else having difficulties getting their delayed baggage returned to them from OSL? I completed a trip from ORD on Friday and my bags didn't make it. I was told they should be on the next flight and was given a tracking number by Menzies.

It's now been 48hrs and still no bags. The online tracking system just says 'Still tracing. Try again later', and two calls to them have provided about the same level of information. Apparently they have located my bags but OSL hasn't confirmed that they have them. They are claiming that there is a lot of delayed baggage at the moment.

Anyone else experiencing this? All of my toiletries, one of suits and many business shirts are in the bags (plus the gifts for the kids). At what point do I give up and replace these items and seek compensation?

Discus
05-08-2013, 00:11
Apparently they have located my bags but OSL hasn't confirmed that they have them. They are claiming that there is a lot of delayed baggage at the moment.

Anyone else experiencing this? All of my toiletries, one of suits and many business shirts are in the bags (plus the gifts for the kids). At what point do I give up and replace these items and seek compensation?

#1: OSL (Avinor) vil ikke bekrefte noe, det er handling/flyselskap som håndterer det

#2: Vedr kompensasjon, sjekk vilkår og evt. reiseforsikring, det har også noe å si om dette var siste stopp før du var hjemme, eller om du er på besøk.

The Ticketor
05-08-2013, 15:00
Ryktet sier at Air Berlin har store problemer og at det er unormalt mye forsinket bagasje fra dem som forsinker mye av håndteringen av også de andre selskapene dem har på OSL.

mrmojo73
05-08-2013, 16:10
OK. Thanks for the replies. Still no updates from Menzies. AMEX doesn't cover homeward bound delays and I still need to look into the travel insurance provided by my employer.

Guess I will just have to wait it out.

mrmojo73
07-08-2013, 18:48
Still no bags. Repeated calls to Menzies hasn't shed any light on what is going on. They acknowledged that it is quite an unusual delay but little they can do. They keep saying that there is a lot of baggage delays at OSL but I can't believe so much that it would take 5+ days to return a bag.

Email sent to BA alerting them to issue with their ground service at OSL but expect that there is little that they can do about it.

LN-MOW
07-08-2013, 18:53
Be aware that after 5(?) days, your file is transferred from the ground handler to the airline. After this, Menzies will do nothing more than deliver the bag if it shows up.

mrmojo73
07-08-2013, 18:56
Be aware that after 5(?) days, your file is transferred from the ground handler to the airline. After this, Menzies will do nothing more than deliver the bag if it shows up.

Hmmm... not sure if that is good or bad.

JoeW
07-08-2013, 19:39

5 days for US (according to the receipt I got a few weeks ago when I had some delayed bags)

The Ticketor
12-08-2013, 00:14
It is an unusual situation at OSL indeed. Delayed AB bags are now pouring in, and there are several hundreds of them just at OSL and the storage rooms for these bags are inadequate for the amounts of bags they have to handle. BA has had quite a lot too, I understand. Menzies have people working throught the night to clear the backlog.

mrmojo73
12-08-2013, 00:48
My bags turned up after 7 days. I ended up calling BA Customer Relations and while they said they couldn't do much, my bags were back in my possession within hours. Probably just coincidence.

krølle
24-08-2013, 09:29
It is an unusual situation at OSL indeed. Delayed AB bags are now pouring in, and there are several hundreds of them just at OSL and the storage rooms for these bags are inadequate for the amounts of bags they have to handle. BA has had quite a lot too, I understand. Menzies have people working throught the night to clear the backlog.

But for Menzies to use 19 days and still not be able to register bags in store?:headbang

I think that speaks more about Menzies then OSL. I know they hade great problems with AB, but still.

By the way, check AB facebook, they must equal SK in negative respons

Fra Dagbladet

- Har 30 000 ubesvarte kundehenvendelser

http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/08/19/nyheter/utenriks/fly/reise/28774439/

The Ticketor
25-08-2013, 03:00
19 days is of course way too long.