PDA

View Full Version : Finnair starter HEL-KUL

CK
05-04-2006, 08:47
FINNAIR PLC PRESS RELEASE 5 APRIL 2006
ELEVENTH DESTINATION IN ASIA, FINNAIR LAUNCHES FLIGHTS TO KUALA LUMPUR

Finnair is opening yet another destination in Asia when flights from Helsinki to Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur begin in May 2007. The route will be operated three times a week via Bangkok.

“As a thriving business city and breathtaking leisure destination, Kuala Lumpur naturally complements our Asian strategy. Demand for Asian destinations is growing in both directions and we have excellent connections from all over Europe. It is our goal to open one to two new Asian connections each year and add frequencies to our current network,” highlights Finnair SVP Commercial Division Mika Perho.

Malaysia’s economy is one of the fastest growing in Southeast Asia and hundreds of European companies are already present in the country. Kuala Lumpur is the hub of local business life with its viable infrastructure, good regional flight network and motorways to different parts of the Malay Peninsula.

Sight-seeing and climate-wise, Malaysia is equivalent to neighbouring Thailand as a travel destination. Kuala Lumpur is a modern city with almost a million and a half inhabitants and offers excellent shopping opportunities both in modern shopping centres and on smaller shopping alleys and streets. The city also offers top-rate hotel accommodation.

Culinary delights meet all tastes as Malaysia offers Malay, Indian, Chinese and Western cuisine. Kuala Lumpur has a lively nightlife with numerous bars and clubs. Golfers will find beautiful courses in the city and its surroundings. Those in need of a beach holiday have a choice of tens of islands in both the Indian Ocean and South China Sea. Malaysia’s idyllic inland and coastal villages and highland tea plantations offer a unique experience to those in search of local colour. The area on Borneo Island belonging to Malaysia (East Malaysia) captivates jungle adventurers.

Finnair flies to Bangkok, Guangzhou, Osaka, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong in Asia. Flights to Nagoya, Japan begin in June and to Delhi, India in November. Next year’s flights to Kuala Lumpur are available from this May.
Finnair Plc
Communications

amatør
05-04-2006, 14:38
Finnair fortsetter å imponere. I et land som ikke er stort større enn Norge i antall innbyggere så har de direkteruter til omtrent "alle" de viktigste byene i Asia.:up:
Jada, vet at ikke alle rutene går daglig, at de har mye transfer, og at de har en geografisk fordel, men allikevel imponerer de!!

Hurum
05-04-2006, 14:47
Finnair har vært i støtet lenge og satser bra. Dessuten posisjonerer dem seg taktisk i et asiatisk marked som etter prognosene vil øke kraftig fremover. Smart!